3.0

Had problems with a Callaway stand bag, legs would no longer close. They were responsive, required that I send photos, then asked that I ship it back. They issued store credit for my original cost, less the original shipping cost, and nothing for the return costs. I am out a total of $30. I could have purchased it from Costco for the same price, but Rock Bottom had a color that I preferred. Rock Bottom stated that they no longer had the bag in stock and would not provide the newer identical bag though they did have it in stock. They just issued the store credit, not a refund. Now I am out the costs and must pay more for the replacement bag if I order it from them. Think twice before purchasing something that could need warranty replacement. I appealed their decision, asked that they reconsider and asked that they just ship the newer bag but no luck. I think that I will just use the credit for some balls or something and get the bag locally. Will not make any similar purchases from them. A little behind in how they handle warranty issues.

Incident: 140915-000168

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Rock Bottom Golf?

Comments

This has been satisfactorily resolved with Rock Bottom Golf.

Jaime RBG

Greetings,

Thank you for writing in.I noticed you left the incident number with your post, thank you for that!

It helps when I go to look into things. Shaun was correct in stating our warranty policy. Your purchase was made in April, so 5 months ago. Therefore we do not cover any related shipping (as stated on our FAQ page).

We do honor manufacturer's warranties and stand behind all of our products. Please see our link where it details we will replace the defective item if it is in stock (that refers to us having the same item still in stock) and if we do not have it in stock we will issue a RBG GC for reimbursement http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/faq-section.html

We do list this on our site, we are not trying to hide our policy from customers. With that said, if a customer absolutely refuses a GC and gives us a reason as to why, we might be able to work with the customer to come to an agreement. I did not see that you asked Shaun to speak to a manager, in the future if you are this upset over something, it is ideal that you ask a manager review the case so we can prevent it escalating to this point and hopefully I can work something out to appease you and keep you as a loyal customer of ours.

We truly do value our customers and want them happy!

If you did not use the GC's yet, please reply back to the original email string and put Attn: Jaime on it. I will see what I can do to get this squared away for you.

If you...